It is critical that the Agile UX/UI Designer understands the background and purpose of our business.
TrackMyRisks is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that helps businesses manage their risks. By its nature, risk management can be a complex process, which is why many businesses either pay lip service to it or completely ignore the need.
Our aim at TrackMyRisks is to change the way that businesses manage risk by making it as simple and intuitive as possible.
In order to achieve this, it is essential that the TrackMyRisks platform is extremely user friendly and highly intuitive, even for users with low IT skills. Therefore we need an Agile UX/UI Designer who understand the core principles of a user-centred approach to design and development. At all times, the focus must be on achieving the highest possible level of UX, through a simple and intuitive UI.
How we behave and operate as a business is constantly checked against our core values:
Integrity – “stay true”
Everything we do is in the best interest of our customers and the product(s).
Humanity – “be human”
First and foremost, every crisis has a human impact.
Commitment – “get stuff done”
Your problem is our problem and we won’t rest until it’s resolved.
The Agile UX/UI Designer will be accountable for the delivery of design requirements for key product initiatives on time and to an acceptable quality within agreed processes.
They will be a core member of the product team, working in an agile environment (Scrum & Kanban methodologies). They will collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders, the Product Owner, the Scrum Master, web developers and test analysts.
During a given sprint the Agile UX/UI Designer should be able to use a combination of user & requirement analysis, conceptualising, wireframing and/or prototyping techniques to agree a way forward for new and existing features. They will also be responsible for creative leadership, acting as a user experience and user interface design authority on key product initiatives. As such they will be representing the view of users and key personas.
The Agile UX/UI Designer will work on new and existing product initiatives within the Product Development division. They will report directly to the Scrum Master & Product Owner (a.k.a. “Technical Product Manager”) on a daily basis.
Core responsibilities for this role are:
- Advanced knowledge and experience of technologies & design tools used for product development (see Skills & Experience below)
- Review new feature and upgrade requests and oversee the design and documentation of all UX/UI requirements by collaborating directly with the Product Owner and Lead Developer
- Attend scoping meetings with key stakeholders to advise on the design approach to the business and end-user requirements. Supporting the Product Owner with ticket creation of user stories, new features, upgrades and bug fixes in the case of absence or leave
- Lead the analysis, design & implementation of the user experience, user interface design, usability and accessibility of the software
- Oversee the system testing strategy by collaborating directly with our Test Analysts
Skills & Experience
The Agile UX/UI Designer will have at least 5 years commercial experience and the ability to demonstrate practical application and advanced understanding of a majority of the following technologies:
- Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign
- Sketch & InVision
- Balsamiq or Axure
- Atlassian Software (JIRA & Bitbucket)
- Google Analytics
South of England / London
For further information or to express an interest in this position, please contact: email@example.com
No agencies please!